24th April 2012
Happy Akshay Tritiya
Akshaya Tritiya is the festival when we buy gold. Just like Diwali is a festival of firecrackers, Holi is the festival of colour and water balloons. Anyone who wants to know the real significance of this festival can read on.
- Akshay Tritiiya was the day when Ganesha started writing Mahabharata to Ved Vyas's dictation.
- Goddess Annapoorna was born.
- Kubera received his wealth and position as custodian of wealth and property along with Goddess Lakshmi on this day, by praying to Lord Shiva at Shivapuram.
- It is also the birthday of Parashurama, the sixth incarnation of god Vishnu.
- Yudhistra receives the Akshaya pathram from Thirumanthurai temple on Akshaya Trithiya day, which he uses to serve food for all the needy in his Kingdom.
- In Orissa on Akshay Tritiya farmers start ploughing their land and construction of chariots for Rath Yatra begins at Puri.
- The Vedic scriptures say that knowledge gained or charity done on this day is very fruitful. It is considered to be very lucky day to start new business or venture. Many people buy gold or property on this day.
- If you want to know more, you can visit Wikipedia from where all this information came.
I couldn't buy gold so I decided to shoot some gold instead. This is Mira's ring